Watching Fireworks from Navy Pier has become a Chicago tradition. And, there is no better seat in the house to watch the show than sailing aboard 148′ Tall Ship Windy – the Official Flagship of the City of Chicago! Order a cold drink from our bar and enjoy a thrilling fireworks performance as you sail along the stunning and iconic Chicago skyline during this special event sail.
4th of July Independence Celebration Sail! Aboard Chicago's Official Tall Ship Windy!
Best View in the City Aboard 148 foot Schooner Windy
A SPECIAL EVENT SAIL! Treat yourself to an Independence Day Sail from the best seat in town aboard Tall Ship Windy! Order a cool drink from our bar, then relax and enjoy a leisurely evening listening to patriotic music and enjoying the Chicago skyline.
- General Admission All Ages
- VIP Captains Boarding All Ages
Celebrate Independence Day on Chicago’s Lakefront
Treat yourself to one of the most spectacular sails of the year aboard Tall Ship Windy. The July 4th celebration in Chicago is one of the best in the nation. From spectacular music in Grant Park the entire weekend, Navy Pier fireworks on July 1st and the celebration everywhere on July 4th – Chicago is the place to be.
This VIP event aboard Tall Ship Windy allows our guests to celebrate Independence Day on July 4th while enjoying the sunset and skyline on Lake Michigan. Tall Ship Windy will play spectacular patriotic music and plenty of sing along. Of course, no Independence Day is not complete without the shooting of the cannons from Windy. A 2 hour sail not to be missed. Departs 9pm.
The City of Chicago has announced they will not have fireworks on July 4th. To enjoy fireworks aboard Tall Ship Windy this week, sail with us on Saturday, July 1st at 8:45pm and Wednesday, July 5th at 8:45pm.
- Trip insurance
- VIP boarding
You can purchase these optional items when you book:
- Trip Insurance: $8.00 per person—gives you the ability to cancel your reservation if needed and receive a full refund. This applies up to 8 hours before your scheduled sail time or if Tall Ship Windy cancels your sail due to weather.
- All sales are final.
- No-shows will be charged the full price. Please plan to arrive at least 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time or you risk forfeiture.
- The captain reserves the right to postpone a sail for up to 120 minutes. If your sail is cancelled, tickets may be exchanged for another time.
- No refunds and no exchanges without the purchase of additional Trip Insurance. The Windy sails rain or shine.